[softwarelist] Re: watermarks

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 11:50:38 +0000

Hi,

On 29/12/2017 07:46, Dave Symes wrote:

Ah! that would explain why sometimes when extracting/Saving out a graphic
from Win OvPro it's a Drawfile rather than what I expected.

An invention of Computer Concepts, originally Sprite files did not contain dpi (dots per inch) data, so they saved them as Draw files to retain size information.

If I can't use BMP files, what can I use when constructing Win side?
Jpegs are a nono for the obvious degradation issues

Unless you turn up quality to 100%.

That aside, Like probably many others here I'm exceedingly glad you did
develop it.

Nice to know. I occasionally wonder if people would have been happy for four years more work on the RISC OS version instead.

1) Yes I have DPScan for Windows through which I could and sometimes do
post (PSP) process the graphics to output 'em as Sprites... Okay for a
couple of illustrations but an extra load of work if there are a lot of
them required.

DPScan for Windows has a command line mode - alas it only permits load anything and save as JPEG.

Presumably you could script the whole thing (in DPScan), with one of those things that simulates clicks and key presses. There was one for RISC OS (now free), and ISTR there is a good free one for Windows.

The RISC OS one is:
Keystroke - http://quantumsoft.riscository.com/

Windows appears to offer many possibilities

I might have a look at providing the .bmp filter for Windows, since that would make things totally automatic.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com