[softwarelist] Re: Win OvPro and pictures

  • From: Clive Bonsall <c.bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 07:55:52 +0000
On 27 Feb 2012, at 21:30, David Pilling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message <52683abfc9dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> writes
>> But I cannot (ever) Copy the graphic in OvPro to the clipboard and
>> thereafter Paste it into anything, even DPScan.
>
> It would have to be (at best) .bmp, .wmf or .jpg - and the app. at the other
> end would have to be capable of loading those. As I've said I tried .bmp with
> no problem.
>
> The trouble is that most of the graphics in OP documents are not of the above
> types. It would have been nice to allow Draw files to be copied to the
> clipboard, not particularly difficult either (doing Draw->WMF conversion).

> Coming back to Clive's comments on text with styles via the clipboard. I
> think the situation is that I set off to do this, did all the ground work,
> like modifying the RTF filter, but could not get the main OP program to load
> the RTF without crashing.

It would great if you could get it to work.

At the moment, getting RTF into OPW in a usable form (for me) is a tortuous
process. I use a double column layout. Importing an RTF file open up a new
window with a single column master frame. I then have to copy the RTF to the
clipboard (yes it works with styles as long as you're doing it within OPW)
before pasting it into a 2-column document. Why can't the RTF be imported
direct into my default document with 2-column layout?

Anther thing (and this may be asking too much) … currently formatting like bold
and italics is imported as effects. I already have <bold> and <italics> styles
set up and use them in preference to the corresponding effects. It would be
nice if the RTF filter could apply the styles on the fly (where they exist in
the default document), so that bold/italics appear as styles and not effects.
--
Clive Bonsall
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.