[softwarelist] Re: Win OvPro and pictures

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:23:46 +0000

Hi,

In message <93FBA3A4-9433-44D2-96F1-692039B2C626@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <c.bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
   I still live in hope that one day OPW will support the Windows global
   clipboard
 It does…
??????????????
 I copy images via the windows clipboard all the time... (to OPW and
 DPScan).
But not directly from OPW to, say, WORD …

I don't have MS Word. Lets take the Open Office equivalent.

Print Screen (snap of desktop->clipboard)
Open Office paste
Open Office copy
OPW paste - picture of desktop in OPW

OPW double click on picture, copy
Open Office paste - picture in Open Office.

(plain) text also works.

Now there are many catches, like sprites are not going to work and you have to select the picture and not the frame.

I have to admit I sometimes find that DPScan will not paste from the clipboard, I presume this is because the file types on offer on the clipboard are not in the right order.

So it may be there's a bug which is a show stopper in some situations, but if so, that is to be fixed. It is not that there is some shortcoming or something that I have decided not to do.

As to 'directly' i.e. direct drag and drop, no. That would require OLE which I set off to do once and didn't get very far with.

I'll report later about the RTF formatted text thing.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK