[softwarelist] Re: Win OvPro and pictures

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 20:35:26 +0000 (GMT)

In article <B95C0734-F00E-4404-AF77-673C7D5CF117@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <c.bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmmm I had expected you were also RISCOS user. If you are, then there
> my be other (free) software that will enable you to "convert" draw files
> to pdf.

We are both still RO users Clive, and probably will 'til the day we kick
the bucket, but we are also long time MS-Win users.

> David's DPScan solution only gives you a bitmap, or so I assume. If the
> original is a vector image and you want to keep it as such (assuming
> draw export from OPW leaves the file as vector), then you need something
> that will convert .AFF files into a Windows-friendly vector format.
> FWIW, there is a free piece of software called OakDraw (downloadable
> from http://www.dialsolutions.com/oakdraw/index.html) which (it claims)
> will import DRAW files and export SVG and WMF.

> Clive Bonsall

Unfortunately OakDraw is not very good, I have something somewhat better
called "AspexDraw" (Not freeware though) when I require it.

Though that's not a problem as the OvPro material is only being copied to
a Word document, the originals remain as they were.

Thanks for your thoughts, but the graphic export out of Win OvPro, then
into Win-DPScan works very well.
The only fly in the ointment for me, is the lack of global clipboard
support.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid