[softwarelist] Re: Win OvPro and pictures

  • From: Clive Bonsall <c.bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 19:46:22 +0000
On 26 Feb 2012, at 19:05, Dave Symes wrote:

> In article <EE26D8BC-C820-40F4-84C9-7256EFC250D8@xxxxxxxx>,
>   Clive Bonsall <c.bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 26 Feb 2012, at 14:55, Dave Symes wrote:
>>>
>>> No problem with the text content, but how does she get the two
>>> pictures out of the Win OvPro and into the Word doc.
>>>
>>> The only option shown is Save as draw, which is not much help in a
>>> Windows environment (Graphic is actually a sprite inside a Drawfile)
>
>> Off the top of my head Y if you have AW2, then import the draw file into
>> AW and re-export as PDF
>> CB
>
> Two problems as I see it Clive...
> 1) We are talking Windows Ovation Pro.
> 2) Artworks doesn't work in a MS-Win environment.
>
> Oh and a third...
> 3) I don't have Artworks.

Hmmm … I had expected you were also RISCOS user. If you are, then there my be
other (free) software that will enable you to "convert" draw files to pdf.

David's DPScan solution only gives you a bitmap, or so I assume. If the
original is a vector image and you want to keep it as such (assuming draw
export from OPW leaves the file as vector), then you need something that will
convert .AFF files into a Windows-friendly vector format. FWIW, there is a free
piece of software called OakDraw (downloadable from
http://www.dialsolutions.com/oakdraw/index.html) which (it claims) will import
DRAW files and export SVG and WMF.

--
Clive Bonsall
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.