[softwarelist] Re: SyncDiscs - a new version (1.20)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:05:23 +0100

In message <5114e7d0dfchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

In article <5114cd2a4cbriancarroll@xxxxxxx>,
  Brian Carroll <briancarroll@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, that is a good explanation of what happens.  I still would
like the newly-created directory to be 'stamped' back to its
original date-time. Moving a directory, which copies first then
deletes, appears to preserve the datestamp so it can be done.

I would say that RISC OS uses rename to do move, and that is why time stamps are preserved. If so one would expect different results when things are moved between discs to when they're moved around a single disc.