[softwarelist] Re: SyncDiscs - a new version (1.20)

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 22:54:35 +0100

In article <5114cd2a4cbriancarroll@xxxxxxx>,
   Brian Carroll <briancarroll@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, that is a good explanation of what happens.  I still would
> like the newly-created directory to be 'stamped' back to its
> original date-time. Moving a directory, which copies first then
> deletes, appears to preserve the datestamp so it can be done.

This is an interesting point. One of the things I have done in my
wisdom to try to speed things up is (where circumstances allow) to do
a delete + rename rather than a copy delete. This applies when using
a scrap directory and moving/copying files from secondary to the
scrap directory, but a consequence is that the associated following
copy from primary to secondary will now involve recreation of any
secondary directories involved. Perhaps another user setting is
waiting in the wings!

Chris...

--
        Chris...