[softwarelist] Re: SyncDiscs - a new version (1.20)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 23:32:25 +0100

In message <5114637990chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

In article <+KOVL5Hq6b5LFwpU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Perhaps there should be an option for SD to set the file attributes
after the copy 8-)

Are we talking here of ensuring the attributes of the copy to be
those of the primary, or setting the attributes of the copy to the
time of copy, rather than those of the primary?

The former, you make a copy, then set the attributes of the copy to be the same as those of the original.

What I suspect may be happening is the latter effect, the copy is ending up with a time stamp of the current time at which the copy is being made.

This is speculation. Presumably IDEFS users know what goes on, with which version. If it was a standard effect, Brian would presumably see it very often.

I also wondered if it depended on how long the copy took - big files, or centi-second roll over between stages of the copy process.