[softwarelist] Re: OvPro scroll speed

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 11:46:19 +0000

Hi,

Dave is marking text and then trying to move or copy it with drag and drop.

In passing on Windows/Linux you can position the caret and then shift click somewhere else to mark text. But marking the text is not the problem.

OP does its own thing for scrolling whilst you're dragging items around. Off hand I don't think it is configurable and there is a compromise. I often (possibly with other apps) get into the situation of it taking too long to move from one place to another whilst dragging something.

Workaround... change the zoom? Change the window size. I imagine the scroll effect is proportional, move further and it goes faster, so if you approach the zoom trigger area slowly it will scroll slower.

First chance to say, you have the source code, you can change it.

On 03/11/2022 09:13, Andy Ling wrote:

I think the scroll speed may be affected by what you have selected. For example, if you double click to select a word it will scroll faster than if you just click to select a letter.

Could that be the problem?

Andy Ling

On 03/11/2022 09:06, Paul Sprangers wrote:
Op 3-11-2022 om 09:50 schreef Chris Hughes:

This is from RISC OS 5, but go to Configuration and then Mouse and you can
change various things like scroll speed etc.

I think Dave means something else: when selecting a bunch of text by dragging a bounding box, the OPro window starts scrolling automatically = and fast - when nearing the bottom. The SELECT and ADJUST approach avoids this.

Kind regards,
Paul

David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com