[softwarelist] Re: O-Pro's future

  • From: John Cartmell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:56:06 +0100

On 26 Jun, Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Windows (and Linux) systems both do more than RISC OS, for reasons given
> many times.

And less.

It all depends upon what you want - and for most of what I want RISC OS is far
better than any other system, Macs are better for some things and much worse
at others, whilst Windows is good as a dumb printer terminal using UniPrint.
But that's *my* experience. Your experience may differ. Your understanding may
be limited. You may be suffering from the cognitive dissonance of having given
up on RISC OS and so need to be critical of it without wanting to test
reality.

Oh - and Windows is even better than Phillip Marsden at winding me up. ;-)

--
        John Cartmell   john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      0845 006 8822 or 0161 969 9820
        Qercus magazine FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527         www.qercus.com