[softwarelist] Re: O-Pro's future

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:29:01 +0100

In article <oCsQpdQmVWYIFwe2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <4fb4880549bbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian Bailey
> <bbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >approach/model for an update, which may not work at all. No doubt
> >David already knows what does or does not work for him in that
> >regard. Perhaps he might wish to share his views with us on this
> >aspect of OvatPro development to move the discussion forward.

> This discussion began with me saying that Ovation Pro had, over 20
> years, proved to be a failure and I wanted to move on to something
> else - and the one thing I would not do again is work on RISC OS.

In that case, someone else will need to take over, rather than just
abandon OvPro (and pehaps some of the other programs as well).

> We are now talking about an upgrade for the RISC OS version 8-)

It was worth showing that there is a decent level of support for that,
in case it was an option, one way or another...

> I know there are people who use Ovation Pro, I appreciate your
> support over the years.
>
> You're the users, it is fair to point out my current feelings. We can
> go on as for the last two years - in maintenance mode, keeping the
> program working as RISC OS and Windows evolve. Or someone can
> come up with a better idea.

I'm thinking...

> A RISC OS upgrade is not a better idea...

Well, there has to be a way -- we aren't easily defeated in this market.

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!