[softwarelist] Re: Cut'n'paste a whole OvPro page?

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 06:13:19 +0000 (GMT)

In article <228e0f2750.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 1 Feb, Dave Symes  wrote in message
>   <5026fde906dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > Sorry to be thicko, but I still don't understand.
> >
> > 1) My test document only has one page, the master page frame is not
> > yet linked to anything, it's just there to delimit the page, contain
> > the bulk of the text, which if I continue typing will flow over into a
> > new page, then the master page frames would be linked between page one
> > and two.

> Isn't the master page frame linked by default, even if it is linked "to
> nothing"?  It is in my copy of O-Pro.

Yes in that sense, but I removed the link yesterday after Mr P mentioned
Linked frames. (Master page, green arrow botton right to top left).

> > 2) How can you create a document without having a Master page frame,
> > there's nothing to constrain/contain anything?

> Eh?  You just delete the frame (having unlinked it first) from the master
> page.  You then have a blank page with no frames on it.

Can't do that, all the text in the document vanishes.

> > 3) How do I unselect the master frame in the sense you mean.

> Adjust-click?

Of course, but it doesn't make any difference to the outcome.

I've received Peter's detailed reply, and later today after work, I'll
have a good read and play to see if I can fathom where it, or I am going
wrong.

Cheers
Dave