[softwarelist] Re: Cut'n'paste a whole OvPro page?

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:08:12 GMT

In message of 4 Feb, Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <5acb592850.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message of 4 Feb, Robert Greenfield <theboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> The original OvPro document of mine was a single page handout which I want
> >> to put into a booklet for my year 9 students. If I did it over again the
> >> original page would probably be more appropriately done in Artworks as the
> >> text requirements don't need any fancy frames.
> >> One of those classic cases where you start the document in one app but
> >> later you think about changing to the other app!
> >> Makes me wish that OvPro could export as Artworks or Artworks could import
> >> OvPro docs (even with certain limitations).
> >> That interoperability would be so good :-)
>
> > Portable Document Format has to be the real answer.  It was a revelation
> > to see Stewart Brookes flinging PDFs between EasiWriter and ArtWorks at
> > Rougol last month.
>
> I wish I had seen that, I am sure I would have learned something. :-)

Never mind the learning, it was the entertainment that was such fun,
particularly the phone asnwering act giving a sequence o numbers to
dial.  He even got one of his callers to sing us a song.

> Still, I do not think you would have much joy with that approach in
> this case, at least with the present state of PDF text import in
> ArtWorks. At the moment you end up with lots of individual text
> objects after importing a word processing file, which makes editing a
> pain. Things might be different if it was possible to turn these text
> objects into a single text area.

Stewart did take the liberty of suggesting that a future (chargeable)
ArtWorks upgrade might extend its capabilities.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/