[softwarelist] Re: Cut'n'paste a whole OvPro page?

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 21:48:11 +0000

In message <5026f8bbdfdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

However, the text in frames is just a few bits and bobs that caption the
graphics, the bulk of the text (like a book) is just in the default page
frame, and that doesn't get picked up unless it's hilighted as a separate
element.

That's exactly what I have said throughout this discussion, ** linked text frames can't be copied **, usually people accept the defaults and have a huge auto-linked frame on each page, even if they don't use it.

If you don't use the auto-linked main frame, then you need to un-select it before attempting to copy the page contents.

The above has been interesting, because I realise that I would have to provide a "copy page to clipboard as chapter" function.