[softwarelist] Re: Cut'n'paste a whole OvPro page?

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 21:23:09 +0000 (GMT)

In article <sBrhZMGd1ghJFwyP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <5026f5ca16dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

> >A test document has one page only, non of the frames in that page are
> >linked, the page contains obviously text, it also contains a lot of
> >diagrams, lines and arrows each in their own frame.
> >
> >I do an Edit-Select All, then Ctrl-C. I go to the new document page and
> >do Ctrl-V. I do not get a complete copy of my page transferred to the
> >new doc page, I just get text, no diagrams or the arrows and lines.

> >So you cannot copy a mixture of text and graphics in one go... Well if
> >you can, I'd be really interested in the technique as I can't get it to
> >happen here.

> You can copy a mixture of text, graphics and pictures in one go.

Sorry to report, I can't here.

> There is a slight oddity since "select all" does different things
> depending on where you set off from. If you have the caret in a text
> frame and use select all, it selects all the text, rather than all the
> objects on the page. So really you have to set off with nothing selected
> - perhaps by clicking on the page background, then use select, all.

I do that, that is click outside the main frame.

> If everything is selected then you should see the selection markers on
> all the objects.

> Using the clipboard means you can't see what is happening, an
> alternative is to hold down ALT and drag the selection between document
> pages, doing that you should see that outlines of all the objects are
> involved.

Even using Alt drag it doesn't work. I'll explain more...

Obviously all the graphics are in frames, and if I have text in text
frames, then Selecting All does indeed select both text and graphics which
can be Alt dragged or Copy/Pasted.
However, the text in frames is just a few bits and bobs that caption the
graphics, the bulk of the text (like a book) is just in the default page
frame, and that doesn't get picked up unless it's hilighted as a separate
element.

Thus I cannot copy. move, whatever everything on a page in one go.

Unless you know a way.

Dave