[softwarelist] Re: Cut'n'paste a whole OvPro page?

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:24:33 +0000

In message <SjKOBoIbihhJFwGe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

The above has been interesting, because I realise that I would have to provide a "copy page to clipboard as chapter" function.

Second thoughts, you only want to copy the page contents, not the pages, so it would be easy to remove the restrictions. If you tried to copy a linked frame you'd get a copy of just that frame and its contents - removed from the chain in other words.

Perhaps that would make some people unhappy, all those unintentional attempts to copy the "default master frame" (as it says on the New and Page Guidelines windows) would succeed.

It can be useful to not have a default master frame (aka principal frame), for example this morning, I used OPW to print a couple of scanned photos on one page. The answer to getting at documents without a default master frame easily is to make use of style sheets or the stationery applet.