[covna] Re: Direct TV

  • From: covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 13:20:59 -0600

I made the mistake of signing up for Directv when I was in a Best Buy
awhile ago.  You'll have to pay for installation costs and the dish (about
$200) and you are renting the receiver box.  You get one hook up per box.
When you are done with the service you have to send the receiver box back
to them through the mail.

The dish will fail anytime it rains and you won't get reception.

If you cancel early out of the minimum 2 year contract it costs a lot.
Monthy prorated.  I asked to cancel after 4 months and the fee was around
$400.

The box is noisy and always on.  Lots of cabling inside the house (two
power cords, a splitter, and two black coax cables).

On the other hand, their little box records episodes (although still with
commercials)

It's cheap monthly if you get a deal.  I get their base package for around
$50/month and their 2nd tier package (priced at around $70) is free.  Plus
I got free NFL thing for a year.

Overall it's ok but that early cancellation thing ticks me off.

booth