[covna] Re: Direct TV

  • From: covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 16:01:33 -0500

I had been told that Google Fiber would be available in this are soon but,
although I have given them my contact info several times, I have not heard
anything from them. I am hoping theys will provide some competition in both
 quality and price to the other providers. But I keep waiting. - Kelso

In a message dated 12/27/2014 4:53:46 P.M. Central Standard Time,
covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Worst customer service ever!   Gave a neighbor and I the run around
numerous times about fixing a problem.  Had several no shows until  neighbor
called a local tv station.   Once she alerted Time  Warner
TV station was coming to film her complaint, two crews were suddenly sent
over to fix the problem.
On Dec 26, 2014, at 5:35 PM, _covna@freelists.org_
(mailto:covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)  wrote:

What are the thoughts  about Time Warner?

On Friday, December 26, 2014 1:15 PM,  "_covna@freelists.org_
(mailto:covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) " <_covna@freelists.org_
(mailto:covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) >
wrote:

Have used Direct TV for over a year.  Love the picture and  price.  During
bad weather at times I have lost the picture.  Overall I am very pleased
with it. John Sutherland

On Tuesday, December 23, 2014 9:58 PM,  "_covna@freelists.org_
(mailto:covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) " <_covna@freelists.org_
(mailto:covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) >
wrote:

We did that every year for the first 3.   They kept changing what the
discount was for until this year when it  jumped 3 times to bring the cost up
just under $300.  Claire  usually could sweet talk them into giving us a
deal, but not this  time.  She went through the customer retention  department.

We have 3 TVs hooked up for that price.   I was hoping to be able to move
locations on one of them, but the UVerse  boxes don't move easily.  The
salesman's pitch for DirecTV was that  with wireless it was easy to change, but
the installer said $50 to wire up  each location.
Tom