[covna] Huge owl last night..

  • From: covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <covna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 09:17:12 -0800

Hello, I know from the bird guide of COVNA screech owls are common around here
but last night I was outside in my back yard around 9:45-10 pm and on the power
line was a very large owl.

From the distance standing and the gaps between the power lines this owl was
about 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall. Very quiet looking around side to side.

Flashed a light on it it was whitish with grey or brown tinged tipped feathers
with pointy 'ear' feathers.

Turned around and was going in to get phone camera and get the dog in then
looked back and it was gone.

Very strange. It seemed that There would be a flapping sound or at least big
movement to catch my eye. Did anyone see a big owl last night?

Just curious. This was in the Monarch/Roxanna area of Castlewood.

Elaine