[CTS] Re: Ubuntu Revisted

  • From: weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:10:47 -0500

> w> Is it ntfs or something?
>
> Yep. NTFS.

Last I checked, support for NTFS is shaky at best.

> I don't think it's a problem with the supporting of NTFS as much as
> getting the doggone permissions set correctly. :-O I changed the fstab
> file again a little bit ago and haven't re-booted into Linux yet, but
> will shortly.  <crossing fingers>

Yeah, just because you mount it doesn't mean anyone other than root will
be able to write to it.  You'll have to mount the filesystem under your
uid with the uid= and gid= parameters.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm