[CTS] fstab entries

  • From: DaPhatBell <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:15:32 -0700

Try as I might, I have found explanations for most of the entries of
the following:

dev/hda1        /mnt/windows    ntfs    ro,user,noauto  0 0

Hower, the two last digits are probably the key to this slight problem
I am having. Now the noauto is suppose to work like this. The
filesystem(s) are not supposed to be mounted until the OS request it
to be (for access) correct? However, when I have tried to access them,
one time I get I don't have permission (although any "user" flag is
set) or it says it is already mounted. Which contradicts the noauto
flag. Would changing the noauto flag to auto solve this? Or using
another number for the digit(s)?

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm