[CTS] Re: fstab entries

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 11:37:30 -0700

Hmm? Better go check that out. I was hoping you weren't busy when I sent
that message. I did manage to gain access to one partition. (don't ask
me cuz I don't know) Why just one? <shrug>  So I'll add that forward
slash when I re-boot into Linux.  Looks like I'll have to figure out
also how to install codecs and the such. I figured support for wmv/wma
files would be a task, but I though .avi/mpeg/mp3 support would be like
standard equipment! :-O

Thanks John!

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 13:03:01 -0500, weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx took time to say the
following:

w> > dev/hda1   /mnt/windows    ntfs    ro,user,noauto  0 0
w>
w> (Missing a / on the /dev there?)
w> noauto prevents mounting at boot.  Unless you've also got support for
w> automount in the kernel, it won't mount the filesystem on request,
w> either.  The 'user' flag allows a regular user to mount the filesystem.
w>
w> John

"I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel"

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm