[CTS] Re: fstab entries

  • From: weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:43:35 -0500

> Hmm? Better go check that out. I was hoping you weren't busy when I sent
> that message. I did manage to gain access to one partition. (don't ask
> me cuz I don't know) Why just one? <shrug>  So I'll add that forward
> slash when I re-boot into Linux.  Looks like I'll have to figure out
> also how to install codecs and the such. I figured support for wmv/wma
> files would be a task, but I though .avi/mpeg/mp3 support would be like
> standard equipment! :-O

Support for multimedia like that is dangerous because of patent issues
(you'll soon learn why it is that we all hate the commercial software
vendors), so it's often difficult to find "codecs" -- they don't officially
exist. Go download/compile/install MPlayer though and all of your movies will
work -- unofficially.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm