[CTS] Re: Ubuntu Revisted

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:07:42 -0700

Ah Joe, I know you're getting senile and so forth <ducking> :-), but
remember, I'm not that OTHER guy, ok? <eg>  If you follow the link on
that page, you will find out that WinAmp for Linux is no where to be
found on the Nullsoft website. :-(  I have to admit that I missed the
date on that article and that might have raised the reg flag a tad
sooner! :-)

That post you sent along is interesting because most Audiophiles have
regular audio equipment setup in their homes for listening to music and
the such. People that usually buy the higher level soundcards are
"usually" gamers. Now as far as this guy saying that most games don't
care about the sounds, apparently, this guy isn't a gamer and is
probably out of his league!  Having good sounds in a game can be a life
saver because now you have to have at the very least a 4.1 sound system,
but there's no reason not to have a 5.1 while playing a lot of these
games. Especially a FPS type game, where you will hear a shot or
footsteps behind you which you won't notice on a two speaker system.
Anyway, that's my two cents on that! :-)

By the way, I have figured out how to mount the partitions, but trying
to edit the damn file is another thing! ARGH!!!  tried to edit the file,
it's a read only file and I don't have the permission to change them. So
I try the run as..., that didn't work. So I tried to log in as root (the
all powerful OZ), and it tells me that I can't log on as root at the
logon screen! We're back at four stars and threading on 3.75.....:-(

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:30:01 -0700, cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> took time
to say the following:

c> cuffy10 wrote:
c>
c> > DaPhatBell wrote:
c> >
c> >>Looks like Winamp has pulled it. At least that is my impression from
c> >>the forum there.
c> >>
c> >>On 7/3/05, cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
c> >>
c> >>
c> >>> http://librenix.com/?inode=1377
c> > *Electro*
c> > Senior Member
c> >
c> > Registered: Jan 2002
c> > Location:

c> > Distribution: Mandrake 9.0 (2.4.19-16mdk), Slackware 10 (2.4.26,
c> > 2.6.10), Gentoo 2005.0 (2.6.11-gentoo-r9)
c> > Posts: 2543
c> > HCL Entries: 3
c> > Reviews: 0/0
c> >
c> >
c> >
c> >    ( post #3 <showthread.php?postid=1703056#post1703056>)
c> >
c> > If you have a crappy sound card, you will get crappy sound. Creative
c> > Labs is know to have crappy sound for audiophilies. Creative Labs is
c> > going towards the gamer crowd which does not care for sound quality. I
c> > suggest the Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 or Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1LT because
c> > it is excellent for music and movie reproduction. The problems with
c> > Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 or Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1LT is they need a
c> > software mixer.
c> >
c> > I have used many programs. Usually XMMS is the worst program for audio
c> > quality. Either these programs uses their own way of sending data to
c> > the sound device or they color the sound before sending to the sound
c> > device.

c> There's no Linux version that I can find.
c> I have no idea what he means ?????????
c>
c> Sorry, no help !
c>
c>

"I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel"

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm