[CTS] Re: Ubuntu Revisted

  • From: cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 13:00:47 -0700

http://librenix.com/?inode=1377

I did see a player that said it looked like Winamp so I'm
going to check that out soon.

DaPhatBell wrote:

Well I did a re-install and it worked this time. Haven't tried the
printing yet. Listening to the only radio station listed in Rhythmbox
0.8.8.  Not very intuitive on how to add more though! :-O While
snooping, I did see a player that said it looked like Winamp so I'm
going to check that out soon.

Now to figure out how to mount the Windows partitions! Every other
distro I have tried seemed to do this automatically. It sure would be
nice to be able to listen to my music while experimenting. So far I do
give this one a thumbs up! :-) Might be even better once I download
and install KDE! :-)

On 7/2/05, Charles R. Buchanan <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Had some time to kill this morning and decided to install Ubuntu on this
machine. The installation went great, right up to the fatal error of
installing the GRUB loader! :-(  I half way expected this because of the
SATA drive that is installed because I boot from the SATA drive. So I
guess I need to find out just how do I boot to Linux then?

I will say that it was the FASTEST install I have ever experienced
though! :-)

Well, gotta get ready, my daughter and I are going to see Batman Begins
today.

"I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel"

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm