[CTS] Re: Ubuntu Revisted

  • From: cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 13:35:27 -0700

I found this interesting and very helpful.

http://ubuntuguide.org/

Chas mentioned using a printer to print some of the instuctions.

I've used HTtrack for quite awhile and thought I'd give it a shot on the above guide
It worked like a charm and makes a neat users guide right on your HDD.
The homepage for httrack says they have a Linux version too so that's something else to play with ???
http://www.httrack.com/

If you install httrack come back once you have it installed and I'll go through it with you to shorten the learning curve. I use very simple settings to get what I want and in many cases I have compiled the results from httrack into a .chm help file using Microsoft Help compiler.
The .chm file is a single file while the files you get when you mirror a site can be a real bundle to cope with.

DaPhatBell wrote:

Well I did a re-install and it worked this time. Haven't tried the
printing yet. Listening to the only radio station listed in Rhythmbox
0.8.8.  Not very intuitive on how to add more though! :-O While
snooping, I did see a player that said it looked like Winamp so I'm
going to check that out soon.

Now to figure out how to mount the Windows partitions! Every other
distro I have tried seemed to do this automatically. It sure would be
nice to be able to listen to my music while experimenting. So far I do
give this one a thumbs up! :-) Might be even better once I download
and install KDE! :-)

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm