[COMP] Re: e-smith, inc. - index

  • To: computers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 12:19:39 +0200

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000 10:21:25 -0700, the Da-Sein "Mark Symonds"
<mark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

|hrmm this is VERY interesting.  Random question, is there a
|way to grab some of this stuff with apt?

You can get the stormpkg package by adding this line to your
/etc/apt/sources.list file:

deb http://mirror7.stormix.com/sites/ftp.stormix.com/storm potato main

and then "apt-get install sl-stormpkg"  (the package name might be
wrong, check it ou). It needs to install some gnome libraries, but as
usual with Debian, that is done automatically (if you want to). So
easy...

|As far as X I just use the default debian theme with windowmaker.
|For those who might be interested I've got some screenshots laying
|on the web, http://www.symonds.net/~mark/pics , there are some other
|images I made there as well, using GIMP.  Be warned, they are lame  :)
|(stuff I made trying to learn some gimp effects)

hehehe, seems like i need to spend more trying to get work done on my
linux box... i only use it as a server/firewall/ipmasq box, nothing
more. I only run X remote on this wintendo box, so i dont use any
graphic shell apart from xterm and some tools (like the above stormpkg)

--
Bruno Van de Casteele  brunovdc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
N.P. Puam      [ ICQ#: CA957F ]

"Wo Es war soll Ich werden."