[ciscomgr] Re: more salad tossing

  • From: <ruperts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciscomgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:28:16 -0400

> One thingie... if we were to ever hold a vote on whether or not to vote
> OFF an existing @ then of course uhmm we will have a little dilemma i
> think, can't really expect people to reply ALL and to voice their oppinion
> when asked to vote one of "them" out or canya? :)

I think the ciscomgr@ list members should be the ones that decide if someone
gets voted out, a supreme court/gateway of last resort. A non-ciscomgr@ can
recommend removal, but it is up to us to yea/nay the action. The supporting
evidence for removal can be submitted to a member of this list and passed
around so we can make a decision. I don't see where the others should have a
vote in a removal, though they can express opinion. Of course, I hope it never
comes up anyway :c)

> Maybe we should in general have them send their replies/votes to ciscomgr
> instead of ciscoops@, that would alleviate the privacy problem, of course
> that still will be weird if sending email to ciscoops@ asking to vote
> about a person that's on ciscoops@ if you see what i mean... *shrug*

I dont think they can send mail to ciscomgr@ if they are not on the list
anyway. I tried sending from my comcast account last night and it would not
accept it since the list would only accept mail from my bellsouth account.

Xian