[ciscomgr] Re: more salad tossing

  • From: tlv <tlv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciscomgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:51:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 ruperts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > One thingie... if we were to ever hold a vote on whether or not to vote
> > OFF an existing @ then of course uhmm we will have a little dilemma i
> > think, can't really expect people to reply ALL and to voice their oppinion
> > when asked to vote one of "them" out or canya? :)
>
> I think the ciscomgr@ list members should be the ones that decide if someone
> gets voted out, a supreme court/gateway of last resort. A non-ciscomgr@ can
> recommend removal, but it is up to us to yea/nay the action. The supporting
> evidence for removal can be submitted to a member of this list and passed
> around so we can make a decision. I don't see where the others should have a
> vote in a removal, though they can express opinion. Of course, I hope it
> never comes up anyway :c)

yeah that is probably the best way to handle it... anyone got a diff.
oppinion on this ?

> > Maybe we should in general have them send their replies/votes to ciscomgr
> > instead of ciscoops@, that would alleviate the privacy problem, of course
> > that still will be weird if sending email to ciscoops@ asking to vote
> > about a person that's on ciscoops@ if you see what i mean... *shrug*
>
> I dont think they can send mail to ciscomgr@ if they are not on the list
> anyway. I tried sending from my comcast account last night and it would not
> accept it since the list would only accept mail from my bellsouth account.

i think it depends on the lists settings, not quite sure though...

btw i subscribed a first buncha fools to ciscoops list so lets not use it
for backstabbing #cisco @'s from now on... :)
Also added their nickname to user description so we all know who it is, if
you see other nonadded fools talk please ask'em for email etc.... thx :)