[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] Re: Artistic Aerobatics model weight

  • From: "Benoit DIERICKX" <benoit.dierickx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 22:12:00 +0200

Dear Guy,

Personally, I don't understand the spirit of the AA rules if we accept
expensive powerfull heavy jet on one side and light propeller plane on the
other?! (like Robert Herzog told you as well)
I don't understand either why biplane, triplane, etc. shoud be keept away from
a competition which mix prop plane, helicopter and jet...

Keep it  affordable:
A 3m plane is expensive! But to travel with is even more expensive and
difficult. (some wellknown and sponsorized pilots keep their plane on the other
side of the Atlantique for the next event due to that reason!)
That's why we need limits.

Keep it natural:
The 8kg limit  from Donatas is a very good start.
A usual 8kg biplane is around 1.8m and a 8kg monoplane around 2.2m
(fuel, smoke, battery, etc included?...)
As told before, this allows cheaper gas engines.
If somebody can build a 2.5m biplane at that weight: congratulations, that's
just well done! The spectators will see a different kind of flight: "Great
isn't it!"

Keep it free:
About the noise: throttle is a proportional control. You can really enhance a
flight on music with the noise of your plane (engine, but prop or even the
whistling of the plane :-)
If nobody can hear the music, I don't think the points will be good.
Why a pilot could not make the engine/prop screaming  during some hard rock or
classical fortissimo!?

Just my 2cents

Best regards,
Benoit