[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] Re: Artistic Aerobatics model weight

  • From: Guy Revel <guyrevel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:54:38 +0200

At 20:39 16/07/2009, you wrote:
Hello Dear Guy.

The proposal was on last March's CIAM Plenary agenda. That it was
denied discussion and vote will not be discussed here.
So if i understand right, you say there is no chance to increase AA model weight limit in future? If yes it is sad, most of AA pilots also fly F3A, and already have/use 10s 4500mah lypo packs, so it would make sence to use same packs in AA as well...but not invest money in new smaller less cell packs. Problem is that most AA planes available today are heavier than F3A planes. And to be able to fit 5kg rulle in AA, pilots have basicly one option to build really light own plane (here is another problem, not each pilot is designer and master in work with composite ore wood, not mentioning time required for this.) Again i repeat myself, moving weight limit to 6kg (with same 2m wing span) would solve problems and complains, it would allow us to use gas engines ore 10S F3A packs, even on biplanes. Biplane in Europe its not so rare stuff, here for example is Polish team new f3a planes for Portugal;
<http://jacekswiderek.blog.interia.pl/>http://jacekswiderek.blog.interia.pl/
Cheers,
Donatas,

Hello Donatas,

I did not mean the weight limit will not be lifted, on the contrary we are discussing now about what to propose to the CIAM Plenary for next meeting's decision. Vote on the three options I submitted in my previous email and, according to the issue and if it is felt a weight limit is necessary, then we will discuss what limit is most suitable. As mentioned at the beginning of this thread, we must come to a majority agreement in otder to file a formal proposal by the end of october.

About biplanes, I know very well that a trend established itself during these recent years in F3A competition, if you can say that half a dozen biplanes out of a hundred F3A planes at a World Championship is a trend, but this is not the point. We are discussing Artistic Aerobatics, not F3A and you will certainly find more difficult to point out biplanes used at AA or F3M competitions these days.

Guy R.