<CT> Re: newbie with a problem

  • From: Klaus.Osswald@xxxxxxxxxxx (Klaus J. Osswald)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 15:10:25 +0200

Zathras Walker wrote:

> Actually it's Garry, Zathras is the cat,

Hi Garry,

> I have the files for 3.03 but no boot, if you have a
> boot for 2.11 (and the files :-) ) I will be eternally greatful for a copy.

My 2.11 disks came with the 1984 Apricot Computer & they only seem to work
with that. On the label it says BIOS 2.4. So I'm not sure if they 'provide'
2.4 or if
they 'require' 2.4. It seems to load the BIOS & the OS from the first floppy
onto a RAMdisk
& then you have to insert a second floppy for additional programs.
Anyway, it wasn't possible for me to read the 3,5"  floppies on Dos 6.22 /
Windows 3.11
nor on my Linux System. I seriously doubt they will be of any use for you.
If you still think you're interested then I'm prepared to send you the four
3.5" floppydisks.

Cheers

Klaus