<CT> Re: F-Prot is updated again!

  • From: Klaus.Osswald@xxxxxxxxxxx (Klaus J. Osswald)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 15:54:29 +0200

Hi,

Billy Wong wrote:

> If you need convincing, there was a terrible epidemic of the AntiEXE
> virus at my college several years ago.  And F-Prot was the only AV
> software that was able to find it and disinfect it.

That's not exactly true. By chance, my computer was infected with the same
AntiEXE at that time
& it was the tiny 'ANYWARE' Program that found it & a copy of Dr. Solomons
Anti-Virus Toolkit 7.76
that removed it successfully. A pity that 'ANYWARE' stopped it's
virusprogram & merged with
one of the major AV firms later on.
Anyway, you're right with your recommendations for F-PROT. IMO it is one of
the most effective freeware
virusscanner & -removers for use with DOS & the only one which is regularily
updated with
free downloads these days.