<CT> Re: F-Prot is updated again

  • From: "Norm Meunier" <nmeunier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 19:00:21 -0400

On 9/7/01 at 3:43 PM Klaus.Osswald@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Billy Wong wrote:
>
>>    Computer Associates has pulled the plug on InoculateIT PE over the
>> summer.  :-(
>
>OH NO, now you can imagine how i felt when ANYWARE suddenly decided to
>stop their program.

Just a note about this.... updates for InoculateIT PE are still available=
 on a regular basis.  For how long, that's difficult to say.  I still use=
 this anti-virus program on my Win'95 and Win'98 PCs plus a 486/DX2 66MHz=
 machine I use at work.  It has trapped viruses for me and my friends in=
 the past, so I'm confident it works well.

F-Prot is cool too and I've been using that for years, but I wasn't too=
 happy about the lack of updates, and F-Stop (the hibernating app that runs=
 in the background) had a tendency to lock up my PC from time to time.

>> (AVG uses heavy graphics, which I dislike because it assumes everybody=
 has a fast video card. I
>know  mine is not.)

>Why do they have to turn everything into heavy dinosour monster things ?
>: [

Yeah, a huge download (over 5MB as I recall) and the interface is really=
 more tha is necessary for such a program.  Bloatware is alive and well and=
 living in our PCs everyday, right?

-Norm-