<CT> Re: F-Prot is updated again

  • From: "Norm Meunier" <nmeunier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 10:06:21 -0400

On 9/8/01 at 10:25 PM Billy Wong wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Sep 2001 19:00:21 -0400 "Norm Meunier" <nmeunier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>writes:
>> F-Prot is cool too and I've been using that for years, but I
>> wasn't too happy about the lack of updates...
>
>   Lack of updates?  F-Prot for DOS has been updated three times in the
>past six weeks!

I've been using what I thought was a current version of the program.  From=
 my experience, it used to take months to get an update.  I would normally=
 go to one of the designated FTP sites (listed in F-Prot's "Update.txt"=
 file), and wait several weeks before another update would become=
 available.

Maybe they've improved things over the past while... I'm not sure.  In any=
 case, F-Prot is a fantastic product.  InoculateIT! is great too, but=
 alas... I may have to search for another one again if updates are=
 squashed.

Thanks for the info regarding the updates for F-Prot.... I'll check into=
 that soon.

-Norm-