<CT> Re: newbie with a problem

  • From: "Martin B. Brilliant" <mbrilliant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 06:32:50 -0400

On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 15:10:25 +0200, Klaus J. Osswald wrote that:
> Zathras Walker wrote:
>
> > Actually it's Garry, Zathras is the cat....

I'm not sure what Garry wants an old MS-DOS for, but I still have the
install disks for MS-DOS 3.3: two 360K 5.25" floppy disks, of which
the first is bootable. I can't use them, because all my boxes are
running 5.0 or later, and when I boot 3.3 from a floppy it won't
recognize the C: drive. I recall when I first upgraded from 3.3 to
5.0 it did something irreversible to the hard drive.

Anyway, the disks are available for a nominal fee (postage + media
value). If necessary, I think I could put the contents of both disks
on a single bootable 720K 3.5" floppy. I could also include the GW-
BASIC disk, and for the extra postage I could include the manuals.

                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ