<CT> Re: Windes 2000 & LFNs

  • From: "Martin B. Brilliant" <mbrilliant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:26:52 -0500

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:03:46 -0500, "MOY, WILLIAM"
<BMOY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm still very curious though, about Windes 2000 long filename
> handling capability -can anyone tell me if this "clone" manages to use
> LFNs like Win95 (on 286 CPUs!??!) ...

My point was that it's not a clone, it's a toy. If you cut a pattern
out of cloth, sew it into a dog shape, and stuff it with beans, does
it bark? Will it fetch sticks? Can ticks suck its blood?

Windes 2000 is written in BASIC for DOS. 'Nuff said?

                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ