<CT> Re: Windes 2000 & LFNs

  • From: "Martin B. Brilliant" <mbrilliant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:17:52 -0500

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:41:44 -0000, "David Burgess"
<d.burgess@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Does anybody know how to get a color screenshot in DOS? ...
>
> Screen Thief should do it for text and standard VGA modes....

Thanks. Now I have half a dozen 640 x 350 (!) color screenshots in
GIF format. Would anybody have a website I could upload them to, so
we can all see what we're talking about?

Actually, there are more built-in apps than just Write, but they're
all equally crude. Windes Write, as I mentioned, has a File menu and
a Text menu, but I didn't realize the significance of not having
an Edit menu. You can't select text, so you can't move it, copy it,
or delete blocks.

                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ