<CT> Re: Windes 2000 & LFNs

  • From: "Martin B. Brilliant" <mbrilliant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 10:08:22 -0500

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 11:37:17 -0500, I wrote:

> I just put some Windes 2000 screenshots, prefaced by some
> discussion, on http://www.netlabs.net/hp/marty/windes2k.

I just found a website showing Windes 2000 (not Windes Me):
         http://windes2000.cjb.net/
Click on Features and Screenshots and you will see a small screenshot
that shows what looks like 256 colors in the background. This is
interesting, because the screenshot of WindesMe on
         http://www.maniasoft.com/en/windesme/
looks more like 16 colors. Incidentally, GW-BASIC does have the
capability of using up to 64 colors (16 at a time) on a 640x350
screen (the resolution of the screenshots I took) with the right
display hardware. QBASIC has more screen modes with up to 256 color
capability in 640x480, but I did not get 640x480 in Windes 2000.

Back to the windes2000 site: click on How to Download and it says in
step 1 that the file size is less than 2.0MB. Then in steps 2 and 3
it says you put a disk in drive A:, execute the downloaded file, and
you have "a disk" (that is, much less than 2.0MB) ready to install
"in your old computer."

So, I suppose what I have is really a trial version, and the current
Windes is a little better. I don't believe there's "BASICally" much
difference.

                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ