[cad-linux] Re: CAD with server/client architecture

  • From: Roland Krause <rokrau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 12:10:04 -0700 (PDT)

OpenInventor:
Quote from the FAQ:

Can I use Open Inventor to create 3D objects?
Inventor is an API for programmers writing 3D applications, it is not a
3D modeling tool.

I guess that holds for Coin also w/o actually having looked at it.

So my question again, is any of this actually usable for what has been
proposed here? Are people willing to invest enough time to learn the
API's? I know OpenCascade's kernel is being used by some projects? How
good is it, especially the API?

Roland

http://search.yahoo.com