[bookshare-discuss] Re: what's everyone reading?

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:47:00 -0500

If I remember correctly, the movie The Langoliers was made from one of the
four short stories in the book Four Past Midnight.  I didn't get a chance to
see the movie, but I liked the short story.

Sounds as if I'm odd, because my favorite book of King's is It which is one
of his scarier books.  I also thought the miniseries was interesting, too,
but my wife thought it was scary and gets nervous now just seeing the
advertisement when they reshow it on tv.

BTW, the spelling for The Langoliers is correct because I looked it up on
IMDB.  I was surprised to see that King had 88 writing credits for the
various movies and miniseries that they've made from his books.  I was also
surprised to see that King had 15 acting credits for cameos in those movies
and miniseries.

Gerald