[bookshare-discuss] Re: what's everyone reading?

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:08:13 -0700 (PDT)

Way to go, Amber.  What kind of book is Mermaid Chair?
And where does Sex Lives take you, i.e. o what
countries or places?

I'm now reading Faceless Killers, the first of the
Kurt Wallender detective stories by Henning Mankell.
The book is set in Sweded -- in fact, this is an
English translation. Kurt is a  homicide detective
who's recently divorced from his wife; whose daughter,
probably in late teens or early 20's, is somewhat
estranged from him; and who  listens to opera and
drinks alone at night  to assuage his pain at the
divorce. In this book he and his team have to find
the killer or killers or an elderly farm couple, the
male of whom  has a secret past. It's easy reading --
not tense or scary, which I like, i.e., I don't like
mysteries that are tense or scary.

Cindy

-- Amber Wallenstein <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What is everyone reading?  I'm currently editing The
> Sex Lives of Cannibals, and hope to have it up for
> approval soon.  It's a really funny travel log.  I
> am also editing the Mermaid Chair, the new book by
> Sue Monk Kidd.  So peoples, whatcha reading?
> Amber

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs