[bookshare-discuss] Re: summaries of the romance book club and the christian book club

  • From: "Elfqueen" <elfqueen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 12:35:28 -0400

I am a Christian as well, and I agree with you. Don't believe in it, but am a huge fantasy lover, read and write it. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Natalia Sulca" <youngbeautyqueen@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:32 PM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: summaries of the romance book club and the christian book club

I’m a Christian myself, so I don’t believe in that kind of stuff. Yet, I just see it as a fun read. There are worse books...

Nati

Now Reading Dead Until Dark By Charlaine Harris
From: lana5@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 09:51:46 -0600

She isn't a halloween witch, more like you'd read about in Andre Norton or Mersades Lackey. (I just killed the spelling on that.) If you feel that all things magic are bad, then you won't want to come near these, but you won't get naked people dancing under the stones in the moonlight or human sacrafices, or anything like that. There is plenty of the usual sort of sex, and quite a bit of violence, and don't forget that one of the good guys is a vampire. These things might bother you more than the witch. If they don't, you'll have a fun read.

From: elfqueen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: summaries of the romance book club and
the christian book club
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 22:28:33 -0400

The circles trilogy was mentioned at the meeting; has anyone else read
that?
I meant to ask what it was about, but my computer was being weird
too...slow, really, just not able to keep up, I guess. What I heard about
them interested me, because in spite of some things about Angles Fall
(I.E.
the unnecessarily lavish use of language and I thought that a few aspects
of
the romance took place too soon in the story and some of it didn't serve a
purpose in the story--but I'm biased there, of course), I really, really
loved the book for its characters and the overall plot; so I'm interested
in
more of Roberts' work.
Blessings,
Nicole