[bookshare-discuss] Re: Way To Go Booksharians!

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:51:36 -0400

Hi, Cindy. Yeah, the fever still hangs around like a pesky fly that buzzes around your head, never totally going away. If you buy stocks, invest in the people who make Advil and Delsyn cough syrup. I'm improving their bottom line for sure this month. (grin)

Cold and flu season is coming soon. If any of you on this list haven't ever done so, please consider getting the pneumonia vaccine. I had gotten mine last fall, and the respiratory doctor I saw this year told me that the reason I'm alive now is that my body had enough antibodies to mount a good immune response when I first got sick. Viral pneumonia isn't something to play with, and people still die from it every year. A lot of people seem to think that antibiotics got rid of pneumonia and that it isn't a threat anymore. It is, and when it hits, you become grateful just to get one deep breath. What I have is an aggressive strain, and it is contagious. If you're a college student, are diabetic, over the age of 50, or work closely with the general public, please consider getting the pneumonia vaccine. I don't want anyone from this list to find themselves in my position later on.

Ok, I'm stepping down off my soapbox now. (smile) Besides, there weren't any cough drops up there.

Monica Willyard

Monica Willyard

Cindy Ray wrote:
You are still running a fever after this long? I think that isn't sounding good. Yea for your dad. *smile*
Cindy
Cindy Lou Ray. Each day is a new adventure.