[bookshare-discuss] Re: Way To Go Booksharians!

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <richard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:54:06 -0400

Vapour,

I don't read a lot of juvenile fiction, but there are a few exceptions.
Here are a couple other than Harry Potter.

When I was in fifth grade, our teacher read Half Magic to us.  I wondered
about the ending.  I was sick and didn't hear it.  It appeared on Bookshare.
On a day when I was home from work with a cold, I reread the whole thing.

The same was true with The Borrowers.  I visited Tallahassee a few years
ago.  An old classmate lives there, and I visited her.  We were talking
about things we had read, and the Borrowers was one of them.  We didn't
finish it.  I got it in braille, and I finally read it a couple of years
ago.

In sixth grade, the popular book was the Bronze Bow.  That book wasn't
available at the time, but Bookshare has it, and I downloaded it.

Childhood creates a lot of springboards, memories, and sometimes, gaps.  I
love to fill in gaps.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:59 AM