[bookshare-discuss] Re: Way To Go Booksharians!

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:57:12 -0500

I still have problems with NLS. Sometimes they'll send me only three books over an eight week period, and at other times I'll get twelve books in the mail on the same day! My regional library has a librarian who likes to over-ride my preferences and send me books she thinks will "expand" my horizons, and I absolutely hate her preferences. When I've talk to her and asked her to stop it, she's always saying that I'm reading books that are below my reading level. Well, yes, I sometimes do check out something other than "War and Peace" or "The Brothers Kamarazov!" Smile. I happen to enjoy a good story regardless of the supposed reading level. I finally complained to the other staff and got a request list set up to prevent anything else from slipping in, as my non-leisure reading is often highly technical scientific research journals and I want my leisure reading to be fun!

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rick Roderick wrote:
Monica,
Not only that, but with the library I grew up with, I never knew what they would send. Sometimes, I would order twelve books and get three, and when I sent those back, I might get something I never ordered. Not with Bookshare!