[bookshare-discuss] Re: More books than I know what to do with!

  • From: "Natalie B." <lemina007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:21:04 -1000

Hello everyone,

What I like best about Bookshare and books in text format in general is the easy access. Let me explain more since this probably doesn't make much sense. This semester is the first semester I'm using books on Bookshare for my classes. Not textbooks, but books like Anna Karenina, Much Ado About Nothing, To Kill a Mocking Bird and others. For many of the books I read, I have to write an essay and my teacher likes quotes from the book. With the etext format, I can just search for a particular search string, copy and ten paste. Voila, I'm done. With books on tape I have to sit there rewind and rewind until I type everything that I want.

And of course, like others have said, it takes up so little space. I can keep hundreds of books on a memory card or CD Rom disc and give away the hard copies.

Whew. technology is a wonderful thing, wouldn't you say?

Peace,
Natalie B.

"God gran    t me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."
—Reinhold Niebuhr
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Roderick" <richard@xxxxxxxxx>