[bookshare-discuss] Re: More books than I know what to do with!

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <richard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:59:41 -0500

I know what you mean, Julie.  As I have aaid before, I used to speculate as
a kid what it would be like if either my birthday or Christmas could be
every day, and that was assuming that money was no object.  Bookshare has
just about made that a reality.

I got my first braille Bible when I was ten, but not many books were
available after that.  Besides, they were so expensive that they would be
prohibitive for anyone to buy.

I always wanted books for special occasions but couldn't have them.

When I was growing up, the braille library was unreliable.  I got  a
fraction of what I ordered and got a bunch of stuff that I didn't order.

You are right, Julie, my situation is hopeless, but I'll take that kind of
hopelessness any day!

I think I have over 500 books on one of my compact flash cards.  Then,
newspapers distract from my book reading.  Yet, in spite of this abundance,
I check every day to see new delights might await me.