[bookport] Re: web braille

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:17:41 -0600

Go into Internet options to the security page. Arrow down the tree view until you hear something like, "Downloads open." Just listen for the word, "Download." Check your settings in there.

At 06:55 AM 12/15/2007 -0500, you wrote:
Sorry to add another ot question to this discussion, but how do the xp users get rid of the control that blocks some internet content? For some reason, when I download books from web braille now, once I click on the "I accept" button of the nls pledge, I get a message that says that windows has blocked this internet content from my computer, and that I have to click on a button for the options available to me. I'm then presented with a series of options that include "allow content" and when I click on it, I'm presented with the nls pledge which I again have to acknowledge before getting the dialogue box that asks if I want to run or save the file. I've been coping with this each time I download books for a while and have seen nothing in the Internet privacy or security options that would allow me to get rid of this annoying control. Needless to say, downloading books takes an eternity and three centuries when done this way, as I have to deal with the stupid control with each volume I download.

Marta
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Clark" <rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx>