[bookport] Re: web braille

  • From: Yerba Bruja <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:04:28 -0500

Hi Richard:

When you registered with NLS to receive braille books, you should have gotten a link to the page where you indicate your username and password. Contact your library and have them send it to you. Once you open it, you might want to add the page to your favorites, because from what I see, it isn't easy to locate on their site.

However, since you do already have your username and password, you can still download web braille books even in the absence of this page. For once you click on a link to a volume of a book you might want to download, the form asking for your username and password will appear. Once you fill it out, you'll get the usual form that appears when you're doing web braille downloads, asking you to agree to the terms they have for accessing these books. You must first agree to the terms before downloading each volume of a book. The agreement page has two boxes. One for note taker users and one for pc users. You'd check the one that's appropriate for you. From there all you should need to do is decide whether you want to open the file containing the book or save it. I usually save it.

Before you do all that you might want to make sure that your pc has .brf listed in the file formats that it can save the files to.

Marta